Selleys Liquid Nails Platinum
SELLEYS LIQUID NAILS Platinum is an advanced, high performance construction adhesive. It offers unmatched strength and durability, even when bonding two non-porous materials.
- Liquid Nails Platinum delivers ultimate strength, more than twice the strength of conventional solvent-based construction adhesives.
- Excellent water, weather and heat resistance. Exceeds the requirements of BS-EN 204 D4 for durability.
- Bond will cope with shrinkage and thermal movement, so you know the job will last.
- Adheres well to wet and dry timber, so there is no need to wait for the timber to dry.
- Paintable when dry, to give you a neat, quality finished job.
- Doesn’t drip, sag or string, so there is less mess when you are using the product.
- Bridges gaps on rough and ill-fitting construction material.
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon, silicone or polystyrene.
- 390g cartridge
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
Where can this product be used?
Perfect for use:
- Sheet flooring to joists
- Metal or aluminium door strips to floors or walls
- Timber or fibre cement sheeting to cement block or brick walls
- Masonite to timber
- Wallboard or panelling to wood or metal frames
- Cork tiles to timber, fibro or plaster
- Tempered hardboard to floorboards
- To eliminate the squeaks in tongue & groove boards
- Metals heated by direct sunlight, where temperature does not exceed 100°C
- Not suitable for permanent water immersion
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Brick & Concrete
- Plasterboard, particleboard & fibre cement sheeting
- Ceramic tiles
- Aluminium and other metals
- Painted surfaces
- Many other building surfaces
How to use this product
- Ensure the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and loose powdery materials. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we recommend cleaning the surface with SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP, and allowed to dry. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpentine and then again with Methylated Spirits, and allow to dry. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as old flaky paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS KWIK STRIP SMART, and allowed to dry. On wet timber pooled water should be wiped off. Highly oily timber types may need to be wiped with solvent prior to application to remove surface oils.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, such as a ROTA COTA Sanding Block Medium/ Course grain, as the construction adhesive will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Cut the seal at the top of the cartridge. Cut the nozzle end to desired opening (approx. 5mm diameter). Fit to the top of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into a caulking gun.
- Apply a bead of product along the length of the joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm.
Fix the surfaces with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load and achieve contact over the total bond area. The product is repositionable for up to 20 minutes after fitting.
- Allow the adhesive to set (minimum 10-12 hours when at least one substrate is porous) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping.
- The time it takes to form a strong bond depends on the nature and conditions of the application. In most situations strong bonds can be achieved within 12 hours and will continue to strengthen over a 7 day period.
- When the product is still wet it can be removed with mineral turpentine, otherwise if the product is dry it can be removed by sanding or scraping. We recommend using a 50mm ROTA COTA Soft Grip Scraper. Clean any excess from your hands with SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes.
- To eliminate squeaks in tongue and groove flooring, apply a bead of Liquid nails into the groove or each board when installing.
- Gloves should be worn when applying Liquid Nails Platinum. Avoid contact with skin.
- When applying to one surface, ensure sufficient LIQUID NAILS Platinum is used so that some adhesive extrudes out when surfaces are brought together then wipe off excess if necessary. If glue is not visible, then insufficient contact may not have been made between the surfaces and a weak joint may result.
- LIQUID NAILS Platinum should always be used in conjunction with mechanical fasteners in structural, critical or high stress applications.
- LIQUID NAILS Platinum expands slightly as it cures.
- Cured LIQUID NAILS Platinum residues can be removed by using a Direct Stick Remover.
- If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting.
- Avoid skin contact. Avoid breathing in vapours.
- Ensure you use a well ventilated area
- Product is an eye, skin and respiratory irritant and can potentially cause irritation.
- Avoid contamination of waterways. Allow waste or left over product to completely dry out before disposing of it.
- Warning: This product has been classified a hazardous material. For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- Keep away from children.
Storage and re-use
- Store in a cool place.
- The adhesive should be used within 6 months after opening.
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge.
- Liquid Nails Platinum is a polyurethane based adhesive that requires moisture to cure. Wrapping the nozzle in aluminium foil and sealing tightly with tape can prevent moisture exposure for longer storage.
Selleys Kwik Strip Smart paint & varnish stripper has been specially developed to be the safer choice for interior use. This product will penetrate through multiple layers in one application...
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
Flexible sanding block for angles, contoured & flat surfaces.