Selleys Unifix is a quick drying ceramic tile adhesive, Unifix is suitable for use in areas subject to frequent wetting.
- Waterproof – Suitable for use in areas subject to frequent wetting. I.e shower
- Ready to use.
- Fast drying – achieves initial bond in 60 seconds
- Easy to use – requires no mixing, ready for use straight from the tin.
- Only need to apply to one surface.
- Versatile – can be used inside and outside.
- 375g container
- 1.5kg container
- Medium Grey
- Thick off-white paste with strong odour of acetone solvent, which rapidly forms a tack free skin when exposed to air.
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
Where can this product be used?
- Wall and floor tiles for bathrooms, laundries and kitchens
- Tile repairs in the shower
- Suitable for exterior applications such as balconies and barbeque areas.
- Ceramic soap holders and other similar bathroom fixtures.
- Installing a ceramic tile splash-back
- Mosaic tiles
- Swimming pool tile repairs – above the water line
- Bonding shells, stones or pebbles to bottles, lamps, bricks or garden pots
- Not suitable for permanently wet locations such as tiles in swimming pools and spas. Use Selleys Knead It Aqua for repairs in these areas.
- Non-Flexible: Not suitable for use in areas which flex during use, e.g. some fiberglass shower trays and bath installations.
What materials is this product suitable for?
Bond ceramic tiles to:
- Fibrous cement sheeting
How to use this product
- Surfaces should be dry and free from flaking paint, dust, grease or old adhesive. Painted surfaces should be thoroughly scored with a suitable tool.
- Apply Unifix to the back of the tile with a spatula on the four corners and centre of the tile. The spots should be of a reasonable width (about 25mm) and thickness (about 5mm).
- Immediately press the tile firmly into place on the wall or floor. Use matchsticks as spacers between each tile to allow space for grouting. A small space (3mm) must be left between adjoining walls and every 3 m of tiled surface to allow for expansion and contraction.
- Allow 24 hours to set before grouting with Selleys Tile Grout.
- 1.5kg of Unifix is sufficient for fixing 2 sq. metres of 152 mm (6") square ceramic tiles if applied according to instructions.
- Should Unifix stiffen in the container during use thin down sparingly with Selleys Solvent Acetone.
- Use Selleys Bathroom & Kitchen Sealant to seal gaps around the perimeter of baths and sinks after tiling is completed.
- Note: Surfaces to be tiled must be relatively smooth and rigid with no flexing evident. Uneven or rough surfaces can be levelled with Selleys Exterior Spakfilla at least one hour prior to tiling.
- Warning Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling the vapour from this product can be harmful or fatal.
- Thoroughly read directions and other label markings before storage or use.
- Caution: Highly flammable.
- Use only in thoroughly ventilated areas.
- The solvents in this adhesive are highly volatile and the vapours ignite readily. Therefore, do not use in the same area as flame, fire or spark producing apparatus, machinery or substances.
- If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 10-15 minutes, seek medical attention.
- Remove adhesive from skin with soap and water. If swallowed, give a glass of water and seek medical attention.
Storage and re-use
- Clean up before adhesive dries, with a damp cloth. Use acetone to remove dried adhesive.
- Remove from skin with soap and water.
- Store in a cool place away from sources of ignition.