Selleys Metallic Cement
Is a hard setting, thick silver-grey metallic filler, suitable for use with most metals and alloys.
- Repairs and fills
- Sets hard
- Resists boiling water
- Chemical resistant – resists oil and petrol – ideal for engines (but ensure thoroughly hardened before returning petrol to tank)
- Can be sanded and filed for a perfectly smooth finish
- Resistant to water and to hydrocarbon solvents and oils (such as petrol and cooking oils)
- Heat resistant to 100°C
- Can be painted
- 25g Tube
- Thick Silver-grey paste
- Thrifty Link
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Selected Auto Retail Outlets
- Selected Paint Specialists
Where can this product be used?
- Repairs leaks in household utensils, e.g. kettles, holes and cracks in car radiators, pipes etc.
- Metallic Cement may be used to repair holes in petrol tanks if thoroughly hardened before petrol is returned to tank. (Temporary plugs for a leaking tank can be achieved with suitable Knead-It).
- Repairing metal watering can
- Metallic Cement does NOT conduct electricity. It is NOT suitable for electrical applications.
- Metallic Cement will begin to soften above 100°C therefore it should not be used to re-affix handles or the like, on cooking utensils; nor to repair holes in pressure vessels such as pressure cookers.
- Not resistant to acetone solvents such as acetone or MEK.
- Do not use where the repair is subject to a breaking strain exceeding 25kg/cm squared.
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Remove dirt and grease from surface to be repaired.
- Remove cap and insert nail in nozzle to break seal.
- Apply pressure on tube to release cement to required thickness. Allow to dry for a few hours or overnight (depends on thickness). Remove excess with acetone.
- Sand or file as necessary. Wipe nozzle clean and replace cap after use. Do not use where the repair is subject to a breaking strain exceeding 25kg/cm2.
- Remove excess with acetone
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup.
- Highly flammable.
- Minimise skin contact. Avoid eye contact. If in eyes, hold eyes open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor.
- Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling the vapours from the product may be harmful or fatal.
Storage and re-use
- Keep container sealed, in a cool place away from ignition sources.
Ready to use wipes to help clean up dirty hands after messy DIY tasks such as gardening, repairs, car maintenance etc. Designed to effectively remove substances such as glues, silicones, grease...