Selleys Metallic Cement
Is a hard setting, thick silver-grey metallic filler, suitable for use with most metals and alloys.
- Repairs and fills
- Sets hard
- Resists boiling water
- Chemical resistant – resists oil and petrol – ideal for engines (but ensure thoroughly hardened before returning petrol to tank)
- Can be sanded and filed for a perfectly smooth finish
- Resistant to water and to hydrocarbon solvents and oils (such as petrol and cooking oils)
- Heat resistant to 100°C
- Can be painted
- 25g Tube
- Thick Silver-grey paste
- Thrifty Link
- Mitre 10
- Home Hardware
- Selected Auto Retail Outlets
- Selected Paint Specialists
Where can this product be used?
- Repairs leaks in household utensils, e.g. kettles, holes and cracks in car radiators, pipes etc.
- Metallic Cement may be used to repair holes in petrol tanks if thoroughly hardened before petrol is returned to tank. (Temporary plugs for a leaking tank can be achieved with suitable Knead-It).
- Repairing metal watering can
- Metallic Cement does NOT conduct electricity. It is NOT suitable for electrical applications.
- Metallic Cement will begin to soften above 100°C therefore it should not be used to re-affix handles or the like, on cooking utensils; nor to repair holes in pressure vessels such as pressure cookers.
- Not resistant to acetone solvents such as acetone or MEK.
- Do not use where the repair is subject to a breaking strain exceeding 25kg/cm squared.
What materials is this product suitable for?
How to use this product
- Remove dirt and grease from surface to be repaired.
- Remove cap and insert nail in nozzle to break seal.
- Apply pressure on tube to release cement to required thickness. Allow to dry for a few hours or overnight (depends on thickness). Remove excess with acetone.
- Sand or file as necessary. Wipe nozzle clean and replace cap after use. Do not use where the repair is subject to a breaking strain exceeding 25kg/cm2.
- Remove excess with acetone
- Keep a canister of SELLEYS Sugar Soap Wipes nearby for a quick and effective cleanup.
- Highly flammable.
- Minimise skin contact. Avoid eye contact. If in eyes, hold eyes open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor.
- Intentional misuse by deliberately inhaling the vapours from the product may be harmful or fatal.
Storage and re-use
- Keep container sealed, in a cool place away from ignition sources.