Selleys No More Big Gaps
Selleys NO MORE BIG GAPS is an expanding foam, which cures into a semi rigid closed cell foam, making it ideal for filling large & irregular holes or cavities such as around pipes.
- Saves times by curing quickly and expanding 2.5 times to fill those irregular and large holes around the home.
- Excellent insulator as it sets solidly and also blocks pests, noise and birds.
- Convenient pack, no mixing required.
- Easy to finish neatly, as the cured product can be cut, trimmed, sanded and painted.
- Cures quickly. The surface will be tack free within 15 minutes after application. A 3cm to 5cm deep application will be fully cured in approximately 4 hours.
- Expands up to 20 times after application. However this will vary depending on the conditions and confinement of the space.
- Temperature resistance – approximately -40oC +90oC.
- Suitable for interior and exterior use.
- Superior adhesion to a broad range of surfaces, resulting in a lasting finish.
- It is an aerosol can, so you simply spray into the gaps.
- Contains gloves in the cap for safe application.
- Ozone safe as it contains a CFC-free ozone friendly hydrocarbon propellant.
- Not suitable for use as a fire barrier.
- Not suitable for manufacture of floatation aids or life saving devices.
- Will not block rats and mice where access holes are in current use.
- 570g Aerosol Can (yields up to 17L of foam)
- 350g Aerosol Can (yields up to 10L of foam)
- Pale Amber
- Rigid Foam
- Big W
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- True Value Hardware
Where can this product be used?
Filling holes and around pipes Filling gaps under roofing
Filling large irregular shaped gaps, hollows and cavities in buildings to block draughts, dust, noise, insects & birds
- Around pipes
- Behind skirting boards and architraves
- Around door and window cavities
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Brick & Concrete
- Plasterboard, particleboard & fibre cement sheeting
- Ceramic Tiles
- Most Plastics*
- Many other building materials
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon, silicone or polystyrene.
How to use this product
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from dust, grease, flaking/powdery paint and old or crumbling caulk. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend using SELLEYS LIQUID SUGAR SOAP. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpetine and then again with Methylated Spirits. If there is old difficult to remove residue such as old paint, we recommend using paint stripper such as SELLEYS KWIK STRIP SMART. Ensure the surface is dry before applying the product.
- Wear gloves and eye protection. Product is difficult to remove from skin and clothing.
- Shake can vigorously for 60 seconds.
- Screw nozzle onto can valve. Do not over tighten.
- Turn can upside down and gently apply pressure on the trigger to extrude the product. Vary the pressure to control product flow. Fill half the space. Do not overfill as product will expand up to 2.5 times its volume over several hours.
- For extended usage continue to shake the can from time to time.
- Clean up any oversprays and spillage immediately with a dry cloth. Acetone/ nail polishremover will assist.
- Product will be tack free in 15 minutes abd fully cured in approximately 4 hours. Once cured, product can be cut back with a sharp knife or sanded with a sanding block such as a ROTA COTA Sanding Block Medium/Course grain.
- Note – Do not empty can in one continuous application. Product will not cure in a sealed space without water present. Shallow application expand more than deep applications. Once cured, product can only be fully removed by sanding, grinding or scraping away. Do not apply below 5Â°C.
Tips for using an expanding foam:
- Use the gloves enclosed in the lid
- Full expansion is not immediate, so don’t overfill the hole.
- If you spray a small amount of moisture onto the surface, or wipe it with a wet rag, it will increase the expansion.
- If using the product outdoors, paint over the application to improve its durability.
- If a hole is greater than 5cm, apply once and allow the product to fully cure, which is approximately 4 hours and then apply for a second time. Allow each layer to fully cure before re-applying. Never apply more than 10cm per layer to allow for maximum expansion.
- Keep a pack of SELLEYS Hand Kleen Wipes handy to wipe up any spills and for cleaning any material off the skin before it cures. They are an easy and effective way to keep clean on the job.
- Allow plenty of ventilation when applying, avoid breathing in vapour. Repeated exposure by ventiliation and skin contact may cause sensisation.
- Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
- Avoid contact of uncured product with skin and eyes.
- Wear protective glasses and gloves when applying.
- Avoid eye contact and repeated or prolonged skin contact. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. Keep out of reach of children.
- If in eyes, hold eyes open, flood with water for at least 15 minutes and see a doctor.
- For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (AUS 131 126; NZ 0800 764 766) or a doctor.
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
- As this is a pressurised dispenser, protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50Â°C. Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Extremely flammable. Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Storage and re-use
- For re-use in 24-48 hours leave applicator nozzle on can. Remove cured foam from nozzle tip before application. For longer term storage, remove applicator, rinse valve and nozzle with acetone/nail polish remover. Once opened product should be used within 4 weeks.
- Store in cool dry conditions, between 5C and 25C
- After use keep the nozzle on the cartridge
- When you want to re-use the product, simply take off the old nozzle, re cut the seal at the top of the cartridge and fit a new nozzle
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
Ready to use wipes to help clean up dirty hands after messy DIY tasks such as gardening, repairs, car maintenance etc. Designed to effectively remove substances such as glues, silicones, grease...
Flexible sanding block for angles, contoured & flat surfaces.