Selleys Spakfilla Exterior
Spakfilla Exterior is a polymer reinforced cementitious filler ideal for patching exterior masonry, brick, stone, fibro and cement rendered surfaces. It is strong, weather resistant and paintable.
- Fills cracks and holes in a single application
- Product has excellent adhesion
- Weather resistant
- Can be nailed or screwed when dry
- Paintable with oil and water based paints
- Is water based, so can be cleaned up with water
- Dries white
- 500g Bag
- Home Hardware
- Mitre 10
- Thrifty Link
- Big W
- Inspirations Paint & Colour
- Paint specialist stores
Where can this product be used?
- Filling cracks and holes on surfaces where no structural movement occurs
- Filling cracks in brickwork, masonry, stone etc
- Repairing holes in exterior walls, cement floors etc
- Product is suitable for repairs in exterior conditions
- Not recommended for use on plastic or metal surfaces
- Product is not flexible so not suitable for use bewteen surfaces that are subject the structural movement
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Cement render
How to use this product
- Ensure surfaces are clean, dry and free of loose material.
- Nail heads should be coated with an oil-based paint to prevent rusting.
- Add 3 parts by volume of Exterior Spakfilla to 1 part water and mix to a smooth paste. For deep cracks and holes use a slightly stiffer mix.
- Press the paste firmly into the crack with a putty knife and smooth off. Slightly overfill to allow for sanding back. Ensure the tools and mixing vessel are clean as dried filler will cause a faster drying rate.
- Spakfilla Exterior has a working time of 20 minutes and the material should be applied within this time.
- Leave for 1 hour before sanding and painting.
- Product has minimal shrinkage so there is no need for excessive overfill
- Clean tools in water before product sets
- Ensure mixture is stirred thoroughly before adding more water. If filler mix is still too dry, add one teaspoon of water and mix in
- Leave product for at least 1 hour before sanding and painting
- For general use, mix 3 parts Spakfilla to 1 part water
- Use Poly Patching Tape to support the product when bridging larger or overhead holes.
- Use a slightly stiffer mixture when applying in over head applications.
- For easier application of filler, use a Rota Cota filling blade, as the tapered & flexible blade assists in smooth application and feathering of edges.
- Sand back to a smooth finish using a Rota Cota Foam Sanding Block as the foam sponge will follow the contours of the surface
- Before painting, clean dust and filler particles using Selleys Sugar Soap or Selleys Super Kleen.
- Prolonged contact of material on skin may cause irritation. Wash with soap and water if affected
- For further detail on the safe use of this product, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which can be downloaded from this site.
Selleys Original Sugar Soap is a powerful liquid household cleaner which is effective in removing grease, grime and dirt from household surfaces. It can be diluted with water or used neat. Also...
Selleys Super Kleen is a ready to use multi surface cleaner that has a powerful anti-bacterial formula making it ideal for spot cleaning a range of household surfaces. It is also ideal for spring...
Flexible sanding block for angles, contoured & flat surfaces.