Instant Bathroom Makeover
Is your bathroom mouldy and showing its age? Well there’s a lot you can do to fix up your bathroom without going to the trouble of a full renovation.
Bathroom renovations can be very costly and time consuming with lots of tradesmen to co-ordinate. So why not give your bathroom an instant makeover? Here are some ideas for an instant bathroom update – it’s easy and you can do yourself in no time at all.
- Repair damaged tiles and grout Take a good look at your tiles. Are there any that are loose, chipped or cracked? Has the grout between the tiles discolored or worn away? Damaged tiles and grout can be easily repaired with Selleys Fix n’ Grout. Fix n’ Grout is a two-in-one adhesive and grout formula which has been pre-mixed and is ready to use.
- Replace old mouldy silicone Sick of mouldy showers? In older bathrooms you may have noticed black spots of mould on silicone where the silicone sealant seals over the grout? This is because most silicones don’t adhere to grout very well and are not designed for bathroom areas.
If you have old discolored silicone it’s important to remove it completely before applying new silicone. Selleys Silicone Remover, dissolves old silicone without the drama in about 2-4 hours.
Then you’re ready to apply a new silicone – make sure you choose a high quality silicone that has been designed for bathroom such as Selleys Wet Area Silicone Sealant which contains mould inhibitors to stop it growing back.
- Add a coat of fresh paint A new coat of paint can add new life to any room, especially small spaces such as bathrooms. First prepare your surfaces. Use Selleys Sugar Soap to clean walls and ceilings before you begin to remove any build of grime and mildew. Scrape away any loose or peeling paint. Then you’re ready to apply a fresh coat of paint. Take a look at the Rota Cota range of paint scrapers, rollers and brushes to make the job easy and give you a pro finish every time.
- Repair chips in baths and sinks If your sink or bath has a chip or crack these can be easily repaired with Selleys Porcelain Repair. Easy to apply and can be tinted to match coloured porcelain perfectly.
- Replace spotted de-silvered mirrors If your mirror has black spots or the silver has faded this is because the wrong adhesive was used. Over time, some adhesives will dissolve the mirror surface causing blackening. Replacing de-silvered mirrors will give your bathroom a real lift but make sure you use the right adhesive. Selleys Liquid Nails Mirror, Metal Glass has been specially formulated for mirrors and will not cause discoloration over time.
- Give everything a good scrub Ever noticed a build up of dust and fluff in bathroom fans and covers? These can be easily removed and given a good clean with Selleys Sugar Soap. Why not also give those dusty venetian blinds and all porcelain surfaces a good scrub while you’re there.
- Update fixtures and fittings Replacing old and broken fittings such as taps, towel rails and toilet roll holders can give your bathroom an instant lift. Your local hardware or plumbing store will have a large range to suit every taste and budget.
- Finally, add the little touches Why not pick up some new fluffy towels, scented candles and soap. These little touches will instantly give you a fresher look and feeling of deep relaxation.